Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
May 18, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Webber in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber (Chair) Michael Genest, & John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of May 4, 2015; Mr.Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
The Water & Sewer Commissioner met with the Board of Selectmen to discuss the Highland Ave & Pleasant Street project. The Commissioners said they aren’t in a position at this point to commit to the project financially due to other more serious projects the Water & Sewer department has. The most important project right now is the Town well which contains high amounts of iron and manganese. The Commissioners have met with an engineer to determine if a new well is needed or if a filtration system would correct the problem In any case, both would be expensive for the Water & Sewer department. Mr. Webber stated that it is disappointing that the Water & Sewer department isn’t able to move forward with this project after the Town has already completed
the engineering phase. Mr. Genest suggested that maybe the town could bond this and the Water & Sewer department could make payments to the Town to pay back their portion of the project. Town Administrator Donna Hanson is also looking in to grants that may help with the cost. The Commissioners stated that they also plan to search for grants.
A request was made by Mr. Marc Gregory to use the Library parking lot to hold a car wash fundraiser. Mr. Gregory is raising funds for his missionary trip to Australia and India. The car wash will be held Sunday, May 24, 2015 from 9am-4pm. Mr. Webber moved to approve the request. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
Ms. Diane Chauncey gave an update on the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s department. The 2014 liens have been processed and first half tax bills are in the process of going out.
Mr. Webber gave an update on the park & rec meeting he attended last week. The park & rec commissioners would like to go ahead and order the lights for Shea Field because it takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to come in. Mr. Genest moved to approve the purchase of the lights. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
Future meetings were scheduled for June 1, June 29, July 20, and August 17.
- Mr. Ronald Hagget said he received a letter from Jack Kenworthy from Antrim Wind LLC. (AWE) stating that AWE will be donating $5,000.00 a year to the Antim Scholarship Committee. This will all we handled through the Trustee of Trust Funds.
- The BOS agreed to the terms that were negotiated between the Town of Antrim and MB tractor. They will be supplying the town with a new tractor that will be delivered by July 2015. The agreement was signed by the Chair Webber.
- Mr. Robertson moved to go into non-public session at 8:13 pm under RSA 91-A:3 II (a) public employee, (c) Tax Abatement. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to come out of non-public session at 8:28 pm under RSA 91-A:3 II (a) public employee, (c) Tax Abatement . Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to seal the minutes of the of non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (a) public employee, (c) Tax Abatement Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- After no further business Mr. Webber moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Meeting adjourned 8:30 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator