Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
September 14, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Webber in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber (Chair), Michael Genest, John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of August 31, 2015; Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen minutes of September 4, 2015; Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
The Trustee of Trust Funds received a letter of resignation from Loyall Allen effective September 30, 2015. Mr. Robertson moved to accept Mr. Allen’s resignation. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
The Trustees of Trust Funds requested the Selectmen appoint Lauren Kirkpatrick to fill the unexpired portion of Mr. Allen’s term as trustee. Mr. Genest moved to appoint Ms. Kirkpatrick. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
The ambulance and fire department requested to use WEX fuel cards for filling up the vehicles since Rymes closed their pumps. The two departments wanted more options besides driving to Hillsborough each time. The State of New Hampshire has a contract with WEX and we would piggy back on that contract resulting in no fees to the town. There would be a card in each vehicle and each person would have their own pin which would be tracked on a monthly report received from WEX. The board requested that only the officers have pins and that each vehicle keeps a log that will be compared to the WEX report each month. Mr. Webber made a motion to approve the use of the WEX card as long as only officers have pins and logs are kept in each vehicle. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
The selectboard decided to go into non-public before addressing “other business” because Jim Plourde was already here for the non-public meeting.
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) hiring. Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson motioned to come out of non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 (b) hiring.
- Mr. Genest motioned to seal the minutes of the non-public session. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Town Administrator, Donna Hanson reported that she will be out of the office September 21, 2015 – September 28, 2015. She will be attending a budget workshop on September 15, 2015 in Manchester, DRA software Workshop on September 18, 2015, and a Health Trust Meeting in Concord on September 29, 2015.
- The Joint Loss Safety Training Committee will have a Safety Training Day on Friday, October 16, 2015. This will be a mandatory meeting for all employees.
- Donna Hanson will get a hold of Peter Holden to coordinate with Mr. Webber to start visiting the abutters of the Highland Ave/Pleasant St project.
- Mr. Genest requested that Ms. Hanson get the minutes from Town Administrator Dee French of Bennington for the Tri-Town Meeting that occurred in Bennington in July.
- The purchasing policy needs to be signed by the selectmen and distributed to the department heads at their next meeting.
- There was discussion about the short term Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) agreement for Steels Pond Hydro that was submitted by Lori Barg, President of Steels Pond Hydro, LLC. Ms. Barg requested to be on the September 28, 2015 agenda to discuss this. The Selectmen discussed whether they wanted to pursue this due to the fact that Mr. George Sansoucy had recommended that it was premature for the Town to enter in to a PILOT agreement at this time. Bryan Fogg of George Sansoucy’s office called Donna Hanson this afternoon to let the board know that their recommendation is still the same for the short term PILOT as it was for the long term PILOT. He also confirmed that the assessment was based on 300 KW installed and not the 900 KW nameplate rating. The board discussed how they would like to see at least a year’s worth
of production before pursuing a PILOT. Ms. Barg can file an abatement after the last tax bill this year if she doesn’t agree with the current assessment. Mr. Genest moved to accept the recommendation of George Sansoucy and not enter in to a PILOT at this time. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 2/1
- After no further business Mr. Webber moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0
Meeting adjourned 8:55 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator