Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
November 9, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:01 PM by Chairman Webber in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber (Chair), Michael Genest, John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of October 26, 2015; Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0 Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of October 26, 2015. Mr. Genest seconded Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of November 4, 2015; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0 Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of November 4, 2015. Mr. Genest seconded Passed 3/0
Mr. Ben Pratt and Mr. Ron Hagget presented the proposed Capital Improvement Plan.
Lisa Hennessey and Melissa Galagher representing the Grapevine and Joan Gorga and Celested Lunetta representing the Parks and Recreation program gave an overview on the need for the Before and After School Program to be run under the Town of Antrim Park and Recreation department. In September the State of New Hampshire Child Care Bureau informed the Grapevine that the partnership between the Grapevine and Park & Recreation department did not meet the guidelines for what qualifies as a Recreation program and was no longer exempt from licensing. The recreation department must administer the program in order for it to fall under the licensing exemption. The selectboard agreed to administer the program under Parks and Recreation department for two years. This will give the Grapevine time to
license the program and bring it back under the administration of the Grapevine. The Grapevine will be billed monthly for all cost to the Town of Antrim for the program while it is under the Park & Recreation program.
- Preliminary Department Budgets were presented for Park & Rec, Arts, Ambulance, Fire, Town Clerk, Elections, Tax Collector, Street Lighting/Misc., Equipment Leasing, Animal Control, and Highway. A new line item will be added to the Fire Department budget for physicals. $2,000.00 will be taken from Training for this purpose.
- The Selectmen’s report for the Limrik was reviewed.
- Mr. Webber said he is coordinating with Mr. Peter Holden for another visit to the abutters of the Highland Ave/Pleasant Street project to inform them about the project.
- The date for the next Tri-Town meeting that the selectmen will attend in Bennington will be December 1, 2015.
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) hiring. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to come out of non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 (b) hiring. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- After no further business Mr. Webber moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0
Meeting adjourned 9:00 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator