Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
March 14, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Bob Edwards, John Robertson
Members Absent: Michael Genest
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Ben Pratt informed the board that the Gregg Lake Dam Valve has been repaired. There are still problems with the flooring in the gate house. The floor needs to be replaced. Mr. Pratt also feels the gate house is too small. Mr. Pratt will get prices on replacing the flooring and also on rebuilding the gate house.
- Mr. Pratt stated that the intersection of Gregg Lake Road and Route 31 is not safe. Gregg Lake Road is scheduled for paving and Mr. Pratt would like to see the small island removed and Gregg Lake Road squared up with Route 31. Road agent, Jim Plourde is looking into the plausibility of this project.
- Board Reorganization
- Chairman – John Robertson
- Planning Board – John Robertson
- Planning Board Alternate – Bob Edwards
- Selectmen’s Advisory Committee – Bob Edwards
- Parks & Rec Committee – Mike Genest
- Capital Improvement Plan Committee – Mike Genest
- Scholarship Committee – John Robertson
Each selectman will present to the board a summary of the meetings they attend on behalf of the BOS.
Mr. Edwards moved to accept the reorganization of the board as stated above. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 2/0.
Ms. Hanson informed the board that we are waiting to hear if grant money is available through Rural Development before we can begin the bidding process for Highland Ave/Pleasant Street project.
The Road Agent is looking at prices from three different dealers for the ¾ ton truck that was approved.
Lisa Martin from Quantum Engineering is sending the required documents to the Department of Transportation (DOT) in preparation of the engineering of the West Street Bridge.
Mr. Edwards inquired as to why the appropriation for the revaluation warrant article didn’t include the $15,000.00 from the revaluation capital reserve fund. Ms. Hanson said the plan is to use those funds next year and close the Revaluation capital reserve fund at the same time.
- Mr. Robertson shared information he had on an upcoming workshop for public officials.
- Ms. Jeanne Plourde talked about the need to appoint someone to the budget committee now that Mr. Edwards was elected to the Selectboard. The budget committee has not been active in the past but they would like to be more active this year. The procedure would be to submit names to the Selectboard for appointment.
- After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Edwards. Passed 2/0
Meeting adjourned 8:05 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator