Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
March 28, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator), Marshall Gale (Fire Chief) Jim Plourde (Road Agent)
- Mr. Robertson stated that he would like to limit the discussion between the audience and the board members in order to move things along more quickly in meetings.
- Mr. Robertson would like board members to submit selectboard meeting agenda items no later than the Thursday preceding a Monday meeting.
- The selectmen will continue to present to the board a summary of the meetings they attend on behalf of the BOS.
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of March 7, 2016; Mr. Robertson seconded. Mr. Edwards abstained. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of March 14, 2016; Mr. Edwards seconded. Mr. Genest abstained. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of March 17, 2016; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of March 7, 2016. Mr. Robertson seconded. Mr. Edwards abstained. Passed 2/0
- Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of March 17, 2016. Mr. Edwards seconded Passed 3/0
- Mr. Dennis McKenney informed the board that he was commissioned to do a Timber cut on land locked Town property off Smith Road in the 80’s. This was looked at again in 2008. The cut was never done because there was no cooperation from the abutters to cross their land. There is now cooperation from Diane Chauncey to cross her land so Mr. McKenney would like to proceed with the timber cut. Mr. McKenney stated that Forest Chauncey would be the logger since he is already there clearing the land next door. Mr. McKenney will walk the land and discuss with Ms. Chauncey if crossing her land is contingent on her son Forest being the logger on this project.
- Mr. Plourde submitted 3 bids for the new Highway truck. Mr. Plourde will get more information on the trade-in value of the truck from the dealer before a decision is made.
- Mr. Plourde presented 3 bids for the 2016 paving projects. Brox Paving - $204,473.00, GMI Paving $216,310.80, R&D Paving $194,581.26. Mr. Genest moved to accept the R&D paving bid. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Fire Chief Marshall Gale reviewed the fire & ambulance standard operating guidelines which will be implemented.
- The Library note was modified from an interest rate of 4.25% to 2.25%.
- Mr. Genest moved to reappoint Mr. Peter Beblowski to the conservation commission. His term will end in 2019. John seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson moved to reappoint Ms. Linda Bryer to the conservation commission. Her term will end in 2018. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Peter Beblowski discussed the organization of the open space committee. The committee would be comprised of 5 members with one person from the conservation commission, one ex-officio, and three members from the public. The short term goal of the committee is to look for land to purchase. The Selectmen will be the appointing authority of this committee.
- The next board of Selectmen meetings will be April 11th, 25th & May 9th & 23rd.
- Ms. Hanson will attend the Government Finance conference May 4th-6th.
- Mr. Genest moved to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) hiring. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- After no further business Mr. Edwards moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator