Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
April 25, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of April 11, 2016; Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of April 11, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the work order from New England Forestry Consultants, Inc. Forester Dennis McKenney stated that the town could make $7,000.00 - $8,000.00 from the project. The project is contingent upon obtaining written permission from Ms. Diane Chauncey to cross her land. Mr. McKenney will provide the necessary contracts and he will be required to have insurance that adds the Town of Antrim as an additionally named insured.
- Mr. Ben Pratt is waiting for one more bid to replace the gatehouse at the Gregg Lake Dam. He received a bid from A. D. Guislin Construction. Mr. Pratt also said that once the gatehouse is completed there may be more work required on the slide gate but we won’t know until the valve is put back in place after the construction of the gatehouse.
- Mr. Ben Pratt spoke about the possibility of replacing the street light bulbs with LED lights. He spoke with John Branagan whose company is Affinity LED Lighting who would like to bid on the project. An analysis would need to be done to determine if there will be a cost savings on the town’s electric usage. Ms. Hanson will check with Eversource to see if they have a similar program.
A Veteran’s Tax Credit was approved for Mr. Robert Wing.
- The enforcement of the sign ordinance was discussed. Mr. Edwards discussed advertising signs being added to utility poles as well as “sandwich” signs on properties not being taken in at night. Mr. Genest stated that it is complaint driven. At this time there will be no change to the policy.
- Mr. Robertson will write a draft for the Selectmen’s article for the June Limrik. The draft will be reviewed at the next Selectmen’s meeting.
- Mr. Robertson moved to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (c) tax abatement. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to seal the non-public minutes. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator