Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
July 6, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Board of Selectmen Chairman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson (Chairman), Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of June 20, 2016; Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen Non-Public minutes of June 20, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Gordon Allen and Mr. Michael Frosch asked to be considered for the vacant position on the Advisory Budget Committee. Mr. Frosh spoke about his qualifications at the June 20th BOS meeting. Mr. Allen spoke about his qualifications tonight as he was unable to attend the previous meeting. After much discussion Mr. Edwards moved to appoint Mr. Allen to the Advisory Budget Committee. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0. The BOS thanked Mr. Frosh for his interest in serving on the committee and asked that he continue to attend as many meetings as possible to gain experience in municipal budgeting.
- The BOS members signed a letter to Henry Johnson congratulating him on his successful attainment of the rank of Eagle Scout. The letter will be read at the July 10, 2016 ceremony. Mr. Robertson and Mr. Edwards will attend on behalf of the BOS.
- Mr. Ben Pratt presented an overview of what needs to be done to replace the slide gate after the new gatehouse is constructed at Gregg Lake Dam. Mr. Pratt received a quote from Whipps, Inc. for the construction of a stainless steel slide gate for $5,870.00. Mr. Pratt will get quotes from R.W. White and Piper for installing the slide gate. Ms. Hanson will check with the Department of Environmental Services (DES) to see if permits are required when installing the slide gate.
- Ms. Hanson will work with Joan Gorga to compose a letter to the ConVal school board to encourage the board to return the signed Shea Field Agreement as soon as possible.
- Other Business:
- Mr. Genest moved to accept the $1,438,000/$433,000 loan/grant from USDA Rural Development for the Highland Avenue/Pleasant Street project. Mr. Edwards seconded. The paperwork will be signed by Chairman John Robertson. Passed 3/0.
- After no further business Mr. Edwards moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator