Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
Public Hearing and Meeting Minutes
August 29, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM by Chairman Robertson in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Robertson, Mr. Genest & Mr. Edwards
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Ms. Hanson read the public hearing notice for the acceptance of the Antrim Mitigation Plan. Committee member Diane Chauncey stated that the plan meets the approval of the Antrim Hazard Mitigation Plan committee. Mr. Genest moved to accept the plan. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson opened the Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving public input on the merits of the Hazard Mitigation proposal. Mr. Edwards questioned why Water & Sewer were not included as a “critical facility.” He also pointed out that the time frame to get things done seemed long. For example, one to two years to obtain a copy of the evacuation plan for the schools. Ms. Chauncey said there is still a chance to make changes even after the Selectmen have adopted the plan. Ms. Chauncey will get in touch with Lisa Murphy from Southwest Regional Planning Commission to see how to proceed.
Mr. Robertson closed the Public Hearing at 7:20 p.m.
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen’s minutes of August 1, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
Mr. Genest moved to approve the non-public Board of Selectmen’s minutes of August 1, 2016. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Ms. Anitra Sorensen came before the Selectboard and described her association and experience in town and her willingness to serve on the Contoocook River Local Advisory Committee." After some discussion, Mr. Genest moved to nominate Ms. Anitra Sorensen to the Committee. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- There were three requests for the use of Town Hall. The Lions Club for candidates’ night, Home & Harvest for a dance, and AT the Cross church for their weekly services. There was much discussion about renting out Town Hall every week and how that would impact the town as relates to cost for items such as extra staff,
for snow clearing, and heating the room every week.
The BOS decided to give this more thought and to notify requestors of their decision in a couple of weeks. It was also decided to update the town hall rental application.
- Mr. Genest gave a summary of the Parks & Recreation Committee meeting. The minutes can be found at: www.antrimnh.org/Pages/AntrimNH_ParkMin/
- Future BOS meetings will be held on: September 12, September 26, October 11, October 24, November 7, November 21, December 5, December 19.
- The MS-1 extension will be filed on the recommendation of Brian Fogg from George Sansousy’s office. Mr. Fogg needs more time to review the information that was recently received from Lori Barg of Steels Pond Hydro in order for Mr. Fogg to provide his opinion on the value of the facility.
Ms. Hanson informed the board of the request by Chief Lester to paint over the middle parking lanes at the Library parking lot. The BOS agreed since there have been many minor accidents there. Ms. Hanson will let the road agent know about it.
The final paperwork for the bond anticipation note and the grant anticipation note were signed.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest moved to adjourn, Mr. Edwards seconded, passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 9:15 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator