Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
September 12, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Board of Selectmen Chairman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson (Chairman), Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
Absent: Michael Genest
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of August 29, 2016; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Robertson stated that he received a call from Ashley Saari of the Monadnock Ledger Transcript stating that she had received a letter from the “North Branch Residents“. The letter stated that the undersigned were going to request the support of the Selectmen to ask Antrim Wind Energy, LLC (AWE) for a buyout of their properties if the Wind Project was approved by the Site Evaluation Committee (SEC). Mr. Robertson said he was extremely disappointed that they went to the press rather than directly to the BOS. Mr. Richard Block said that the letter was never intended to go to the press. It was a mistake that it was sent.
- Ms. Janice Longgood read the letter that was signed by: Barbara and Bruce Berwick of 72 Reed Carr Road, Loranne Carey Block and Richard Block of 63 Lovern Mill Road, Robert Cleland and Annie Law of 43 Farmstead Road, Janice Longgood of 156 Salmon Brook Road, Brenda and Mark Schaefer of 128 Salmon Brook Road and Elsa Voelcker of 97 Old Pound Road. A copy of the letter is attached.
- Mr. Edwards asked if they were asking The BOS to negotiate the buyout with AWE. Mr. Richard Block said no, they were asking for the support of the BOS. Several of the residents stated that they didn’t feel represented by the BOS in the past and that they hoped the BOS would stand by them now. After much discussion the Selectmen decided to defer making a decision until the full board is available. Mr. Edwards also stated that it might have been better to put this before the SEC since they have jurisdiction over the project now.
- After no further business Mr. Edwards moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 2/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator