Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
September 26, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
- Public Informational Meeting on West Street Bridge Construction. Lisa Martin of Quantum Engineering discussed options and recommendations for the proposed bridge design. If passed at the March 2017 Town Meeting, bridge construction would begin in 2018.
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the minutes of September 12, 2016. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Ben Pratt discussed gate house construction at Gregg Lake Dam and the possibility of a diver inspection of the gatehouse. Mr. Pratt will follow up with Donna Hanson.
- Paul Belliveau of Antrim Mills requested payment for a damaged door due to an incident which took place on January 21, 2015 at the Antrim Mill building. The Fire Department had to force entry into his building. Fire Chief Marshall Gale explained what had taken place on that night. Mr. Belliveau’s request was denied.
- Other Business:
- The Board discussed an issue concerning a North Branch resident’s letter which was read by the resident at the September 12, 2016 Selectboard meeting. The Board felt that if a resident has an issue with the value of their property, they could file an abatement and use that process to address their concerns. Ms. Hanson will draft a letter to the North branch residents which will explain the abatement procedure.
At 8:30, Mr. Genest moved to go into non-public session. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
At 9:30, after no further business Mr. Genest moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Edwards. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Michael Genest