Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
October 11, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the minutes of September 26, 2016. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the non-public minutes of September 26, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the non-public minutes of September 19, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Joan Gorga, Park and Recreation Commissioner and Celeste Lunetta, Park & Recreation Director came before the board to explain their frustration with the Conval School Board. Joan stated that after many discussions with the School Board over the last few years the Shea Field Agreement is still not signed. The board of Selectmen will have Ms. Hanson write a letter requesting the agreement be signed or the BOS will be forced to take further action.
- Fire Chief Marshall Gale recommended to the BOS to increase the ambulance rates for the Town of Stoddard $3,000.00 and the Town of Bennington $4,000.00. There has not been an increase to the two towns since the service began. Mr. Genest moved to increase the ambulance rate to the Town of Stoddard $3,000.00 and the Town of Bennington $4,000.00 and to also advise them to anticipate an increase next year. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- After receiving a recommendation from the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Mr. Edwards moved to appoint Mr. William Bryk to the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson gave an update of the Planning Board and the Antrim 20/20 group. He said the 20/20 group would like to see more participation from Town Officials. Mr. Genest said he remembered when it began the some of the 20/20 committee discouraged participation from the BOS.
- Mr. Genest moved to send the letter written by Mr. Edwards on behalf of the BOS to the North Branch River Residents. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Ms. Hanson will send the letter of appreciation to Mr. Rick Davis for all his hard work in hosting another successful Home & Harvest Festival.
- Other Business:
- On the recommendation of the Planning Board Mr. Genest moved to appoint Mr. Ray Ledgerwood as Antrim’s Commissioner to the South West Regional Planning Board.
- Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards suggested writing a letter congratulating Office John Giffin on his recognition award received October 5, 2016.
After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson