Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
November 21, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the minutes of October 24, 2016, November 7, 2016, and November 14, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the non-public minutes of October 24, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Preliminary Department Budgets were presented for Street Lighting, Information Technology, Equipment Leasing, Legal, General Insurance, Contingency, Assessing, Health Agencies, Administration, Government Buildings, Employee Benefits, Patriotic Purposes, and Debt Service.
- Mr. Edwards gave an update on the Selectmen’s Advisory Committee meeting he attended. Notes are attached.
- Mr. Genest gave an update on the Park & Recreation meeting he attended. Mr. Genest discussed the lack of communication between the School Board and Board of Selectmen (BOS). The locks were rekeyed at the school without notifying the Town of Antrim of the change. Not only was the Park & Rec Director unable to get into the school but it also raises a safety issue as the Fire Department was not notified either. Chief Gale will be meeting with school building facilitator, Tim Grossi to get the new keys. The town gym floor was not repaired due to a lack of consensus between the BOS and School Board. The BOS and School Board will meet at the town gym to decide what to do relating to repairs to the floor.
- Mr. Genest asked about the status of long range plans from the water & sewer Department. Ms. Hanson will give them a copy of the Capital Improvement plans that were submitted to the CIP committee.
- Mr. Ray Ledgerwood asked the Board of Selectmen if one of them could be on the Business Incubator Committee for the Antrim 20/20 group. Ms. Hanson informed Mr. Ledgerwood that she had received an email from group coordinator Michael Rondeau asking if one of the Selectmen or a member of the Planning Board could sit on this committee. Due to time constraints, Mr. Genest would not be able to be a member of the committee. Mr. Edwards and Mr. Robertson are serving on the 2020 Economic Development study group. Ms. Hanson sent the email to Chairman of the Planning Board, Chris Condon so that he could ask if there was any interest in a planning board member joining the committee.
Mr. Genest suggested the Planning Board, the BOS and the Antrim 20/20 group meet when the report from UNH Cooperative Extension program is completed.
- Mr. Robertson moved to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) hiring. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson