Town of Antrim-Board of Selectmen
December 5, 2016
The Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Scott Lester and John Giffin (Police Department)
1. Mr. Edwards moved to approve the Board of Selectmen’s Public Meeting Minutes of November 21, 2001 with change. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
2. Mr. Edwards moved to approve Board of Selectmen’s Non-public meeting of November 21, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
3. Lions Club
Sue Conklin, on behalf of the Lions Club, made a presentation regarding Little Free Library and will build a book nook. The Lions Club would like to place it in the spring on the corner of the Town Hall. They would be responsible for all care. Mr. Genest made a motion to approve, subject to location by Dario Carrera’s (Building Inspector) approval.
Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
4. Grapevine Door Repair
Rick Edmunds presented a proposal for replacement of the North side door of the Grapevine as well as replacement of the roof overhang. The cost estimates for the door is $586 and the overhang is $1,100. Mr. Edwards made a motion to approve $1,686 to complete the project. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
5. Warrant Article Review
* Police Chief Lester and Officer Giffin came to discuss the replacement of 2011 Caprice and put in the warrant a request for a 2017 Dodge Charger, all-wheel drive, sedan. The estimate, at this this time, is $37,000 with equipment.
* Melissa Gallagher, Grapevine Director, for the Teen Center presented a request for the Warrant in the amount of $12,000.
* Ron Haggett and Steve McDonald presented the CIP Program.
Ben Pratt discussed concerns with the Grove Street Bridges.
Mr. Edwards motioned to close the meeting at 8:35 pm. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Michael Genest