Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
December 20, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman John Robertson in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the minutes of December 5, 2016. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Genest moved to approve the non-public minutes of December 5, 2016. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. John Branagan from Affinity LED Light made a presentation to the Board of Selectmen (BOS) regarding replacing the street lights in town to LED lights. This will be a considerable savings to the town. Eversource has an incentive program that will pay for $10,900.00 of the total cost of $27,000.00. The BOS is considering including a warrant article at March town meeting for the project.
- Peter Holden of Holden engineering gave an update on the timeline for the bidding process of the Highland Ave/Pleasant Street project. He is hopeful that the ad for bids can be placed by the end of the year.
- The BOS adopted a Slip, Trip, and Fall policy. This is a requirement of our Property Liability carrier.
- The 2017 holiday schedule was approved.
- Mr. Genest moved to dedicate the town report to the Festival of Trees committee. He felt the dedication and hard work the committee has done over the years should be recognized. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Other Business:
- Mr. Genest felt the hourly rate of $12.00 for the fire department was not enough. He stated that they have not had an increase in a few years and he would like to see the rate increased by $2.00. Mr. Genest moved to increase the hourly rate by $2.00 beginning December 1, 2016. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Genest mentioned the article in the Villager about the potential rest area at Rt.31 and Rt. 9. He asked Ms. Hanson to get the AECOM report that was done on overall conditions of rest areas in the State and try to find out what the plans are for the rest area in Antrim.
- BOS meetings were set for January 3, 17th, and 30th.
- Mr. Genest moved to go into non-public session under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) hiring (c) tax. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson