Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
June 05, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards joined the meeting at 7:10 PM.
Staff Present: Donna Hanson, Town Administrator; Police Chief Scott Lester; Jim Plourde, Road Agent; Celeste Lunetta, Park & Rec Director
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the minutes of May 22, 2017. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the non-public minutes of May 22, 2017. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 2/0
- Chief Lester reviewed the two proposed changes to the intersection at Rt 31 (Main St.) and Rt. 202 that the Department of Transportation reviewed with the Board of Selectmen on May 22, 2017. He has concerns with both of the proposals. Ms. Hanson will set up a meeting between Chief Lester and Kevin Belanger from the Department of Transportation (DOT) to discuss other options. Resident Al Gould spoke against the proposal that would require the war monument to be moved. The monument is on the front lawn of the Baptist Church.
- Mr. Plourde gave an update on the Highway Department. They have completed the culvert installations on Gregg Lake Road and have begun patching pavement trouble areas. Mr. Plourde estimates that they we will need eight to ten days of good weather to finish patching and crack sealing. Paving is scheduled for the end of June or first part of July. The department is starting to reclaim Elm Street, Wallace Street, and Waverly Road.
- Mr. Genest moved to accept the ConVal & Antrim Gym Agreement with minor changes to paragraph #7. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards gave a summary of the Water & Sewer Commissioners meeting and the Planning Board meeting. Minutes can be found at http://www.antrimnh.org/Pages/index.
- Mr. Robertson gave gave a summary of the Selectmen’s Advisory Committee (SAC) Meeting. Minutes can be found at http://schoolboard.convalsd.net/meetings/.
- Mr. Genest gave a summary of the Park & Recreation Commissioners meeting. Minutes can be found at http://www.antrimnh.org/Pages/index.
- After no further business Mr. Genest moved to adjourn at 9:00 PM. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson