Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
June 19, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Donna Hanson, Town Administrator; Police Chief Scott Lester
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the minutes of June 5, 2017 and June 7, 2017 and amend the minutes of May 22, 2017. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Antrim Wind Energy (AWE) requested an amendment to the PILOT Agreement with the Town to extend the date for commercial operation in Section 2 from December 31, 2018 to December 31, 2019. AWE proposed to make a one-time payment to the Town in the amount of $100,000 in exchange for the extension of the date. After much deliberation the Board of Selectmen would like to suggest the following proposal with the understanding that a Public Hearing will be scheduled to finalize any changes to the PILOT.
- A $125,000 one-time payment at contract signing and the following changes to the PILOT agreement:
- Section 3. (a) $75,000 within 30 days of the start of construction
- Delete 3. (b)
- 3. last paragraph. Copy the Town on what is given to the general contractor to commence civil construction work.
- 4. The Transition Tax Year Payment will be made within 30 day (not 90 days) of the Commercial Operation Date.
- 5. PILOT Payments for 20-Year Operating Term. Delete Tax year 2019 at a rate of $11,250 as that will be the transition year payment. Add year 2039 for 20 year payments.
- 6. (c) Change switch yard to fall under PILOT not ad valorem rates.
- 13. (c) Selectmen to approve purchaser, transferee, or assignee. Not unreasonably withheld.
- AWE Signature Corporate resolution required.
- Robert L. Edwards not Bob Edwards
- Would like to see the preliminary letter of credit format.
- Mr. Edwards moved to schedule a public hearing pursuant to RSA 72:74 to consider an Agreement to amend and restate the payment in lieu of taxes agreement with Antrim Wind Energy, LLC. The date and time of the hearing to be determined. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson moved to schedule a public hearing pursuant to RSA 31:95-b, III, to consider acceptance of a one-time payment by Antrim Wind Energy, LLC in the amount of $125,000 in consideration of extension of the commercial operation deadline in the Proposed PILOT Amendment. The date and time of the hearing to be determined. Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
- The Selectmen will submit the proposed counter offer to the town attorney for review before submitting it to AWE to determine if a public hearing is needed.
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the request from the Town of Deering to install a Welcome to Deering sign on the Antrim side of West Deering Bridge behind the guardrail. The maintenance of the sign will be the responsibility of the Town of Deering.
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve an All Veterans Property Tax Credit application. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Future BOS meetings will be July 10th & July 31th.
- Mr. Edwards moved to grant 2016 property tax abatements
for to David Glynn of Pleasant Street , and Donald & Lisa Lebeau of Goodell Road and to deny the requests for from Eversource and Stephanie Rogers of 5 Bryers Lane on the recommendation of the town’s assessors. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards gave a summary of the Planning Board meeting. Minutes can be found at http://www.antrimnh.org/Pages/AntrimNH_PlanMinutes/.
- Mr. Genest gave a summary of the Park & Rec Committee Meeting. Minutes can be found at http://www.antrimnh.org/Pages/AntrimNH_ParkMin/.
- Other Business:
- Ms. Kathy Wasserloos sent a letter from the Antrim Historical Society Board requesting that the town have the bronze plaque in front of the library cleaned. The Historical Society is hosting an open house and display focusing on America’s centennial involvement in World War 1. The plaque commemorates 78 Antrim residents who served in World War 1. Ms. Hanson will contact John Kaufhold at Peterborough Marble and Granite to have it cleaned.
- Mr. Robertson moved to go into Non-Public RSA 91-A:3 II (b) The hiring of any person as a public employee. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards moved to hire Mr. Matthew Guinard as a full time police officer. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- After no further business Mr. Edwards moved to adjourn at 10:30 PM. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson