Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
August 14, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Town Administrator, Donna Hanson; Police Chief Lester
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the minutes of July 31, 2017. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Chief Lester introduced Mr. Matthew Guinard as the new full time police officer. Mr. Guinard received his badge and was sworn in by Ms. Hanson. Mr. Guinard’s grandfather, who also served in law enforcement presented him with his badge.
- The Board of Selectmen (BOS) reviewed the DeBart Lane on the map. There was a boulder placed in the middle of the road years ago which has caused confusion for emergency vehicles because both sides of the road are still named DeBart Lane. It was decided to rename the portion of DeBart Lane from Hilton Ave to the boulder to Hilton Ave Extension. Ms. Hanson stated that the Police Chief, Fire Chief, and Road Agent all agree on the name change. Ms. Hanson will send out a letter informing the residents that live on that portion of the road of the name change. If they don’t agree with the name change a public hearing will be needed to rename the road.
- The Town Hall rental application was reviewed. The BOS agreed that alcohol will not be permitted during rentals. Ms. Hanson will have the town’s insurance company review the revised application before finalizing it.
- Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Merrill from the Antrim Grange were in attendance to ask the BOS if they could use the space upstairs at Town Hall to hold their annual fundraiser. They also requested that the BOS waive the fee since this event is a fundraiser and the Grange is a not-for-profit organization. The Grange is in the middle of refurbishing the Grange building and are not able to have the fundraiser there. Mr. Genest said he supports the request because the Grange has done many things for the community. Mr. Edwards and Mr. Robertson agreed. The fundraiser will take place August 25th and 26th.
- Mr. Edward moved to approve two All Veterans Credit applications. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Edwards gave a summary of the Water & Sewer meeting he attended. Notes are attached.
- Mr. Genest gave a summary of the Park & Recreation meeting he attended. Minutes can be found at http://www.antrimnh.org/Pages/AntrimNH_ParkMin.
- There was discussion regarding an article Mr. Edwards read about Concord, New Hampshire Attorney Chuck Douglas’ opinion on long-term municipal employee’s wages compared to State wages. Ms. Hanson will make copies of the article for the other Selectmen to read.
- Mr. Genest said he attended the Hawthorne Academy open house. Mr. Creigton from the audience said he lives near the academy and wanted to stress how hard the head master is working to get the school up and running. He said there are about 10 students but they are only online at this point. He said there is a lot of work still left to do.
- Mr. Edwards received a letter from Scot Heath, Hillsboro Director of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association asking if the BOS is interested in allowing the association to resurrect the Platt Bridge for snow mobile to cross over. Mr. Edwards will invite Mr. Heath to a BOS meeting to introduce his proposal.
- After no further business Mr. Genest moved to adjourn at 8:30 PM. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0