Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
October 10, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Town Administrator, Donna Hanson
Others Present: Jim and Jay St. Jean from St. Jean Auctioneers
- Mr. Edwards moved to approve the minutes of September 25, 2017. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0. Mr. Robertson moved to approve the nonpublic minutes of September 25, 2017. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
Ms. Hanson stated that a public hearing will be needed for the name change of DeBart Lane to Acadia Avenue because not all residents of the road responded to the letter that was sent to them. Ms. Hanson will notify the residents of the public hearing date.
Mr. Genest suggested that Ms. Hanson send a thank you letter to Rick Davis for all his hard work with the successful Home and Harvest Festival.
Mr. Miller of the water and sewer commission has requested support from the BOS for a credit card to purchase incidentals for the Water and Sewer Department. Ms. Hanson will talk to Mr. Miller about the frequency of his purchases.
- Mr. Edwards stated that he was approached by Don Paige, Adjutant of the American Legion Myers-Prescott-Olson Post #50 to broach the subject of assuming ownership of the property at some future date. The Legion is in the process of putting a new roof on the building which they will pay for.~~Should the Legion~vote to make such a request of the Town in the future, they would make a full presentation to the~Select Board at that time.~ Ms. Hanson will write to Mr. Paige~acknowledging the Board's general discussion and also explain the process for submitting a~petitioned warrant article as well.~
- Mr. Genest moved to accept the resignation with regret of Ms. Joyce Davison as the cemetery trustee. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to accept the nomination of Mr. William Bryck to the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
Mr. Genest moved to approve the contract from Affinity LED lighting contingent upon the following changes:
- There are two # 4’s on the first page of the agreement.
- #4 on first page of agreement does not define a penalty.
- 33.2 OWNERs should not be capitalized. When capitalized it means the Town as defined in 1.1.
- 29.7 should be modified by adding a provision requiring acceptance, not merely completion, of the work before final payment.
- There is no provision for a bond, or withholding a percentage of each installment payment until the work is complete and accepted by the town. That leaves the town without security in the event of a problem at the end of the contract term. I suggest a provision allowing 10-15% to be withheld.
- Add “or Board of Selectmen” where Town Administrator is in the contract
Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to go into nonpublic session 91-A:3 (b) Hiring. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest moved to seal the nonpublic minutes. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- After no further business Mr. Genest moved to adjourn at 9:30 PM. Seconded by Mr. Robertson. Passed 3/0