Town of Antrim–Board of Selectmen
November 6, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: John Robertson, Michael Genest, Robert Edwards
Staff Present: Town Administrator, Donna Hanson
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the minutes of October 23, 2017. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0. Mr. Edwards moved to approve the non-public minutes of October 23, 2017. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Genest opened the Public Hearing to consider the DeBart Lane name change to Acadia Avenue. Ms. Hanson read the Public Hearing notice and stated the notice had been posted in the Messenger newspaper on October 20, 2017 as well as the town hall bulletin board, the local post office bulletin board and the town’s website. No written comments were submitted. Mr. Genest opened the hearing to public comment. There was no one in attendance from the public. Mr. Edwards moved to change the name to Acadia Avenue. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0. Ms. Hanson will inform the residents on the road that they will have 30 days to change their address. Mr. Genest closed the public hearing.
- Preliminary Department Budgets were reviewed:
- Fire Department
- Emergency Management
- The Board Of Selectmen (BOS) approved the following wage increases:
- Emergency medical technicians from $13.00/hr to $14.00/hr
- Advanced emergency medical technicians from $15.00/hr to $17.00/hr
- Para-medic from $17.00/hr to $18.00/hr
- Mr. Genest suggested an increase in annual ambulance service charges to Stoddard of $1,000.00 and to Bennington of $2,000.00. Chief Gale will collect call data and the cost of providing ambulance service to both towns before a decision is made.
- Mr. Genest moved to go into Nonpublic session 91-A:3 II (b) Hiring. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Genest moved to seal the nonpublic minutes. Mr. Edwards seconded. Passed 3/0
- The Limrik article was approved.
- Mr. Edwards explained that the Water & Sewer Commissioners would like to be on the agenda at the next meeting to present the status of the application for the Asset Management grant. They would like a letter of support from the BOS for the Asset Management Grant application. The Commissioners have been working on the application with Bennington Water & Sewer Commissioners.
- The BOS discussed the upcoming Holden Engineering meeting that will take place on Wednesday, November 8, 2017.
- After no further business Mr. Robertson moved to adjourn at 9:00 PM. Seconded by Mr. Genest. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator