ANTRIM ENERGY COMMITTEE
April 16, 2008
Antrim Town Hall
Present: Ben Pratt, Diane Chauncey, Peter Moore, Bradley Houseworth, Sandy Snow, Shelly Nelkens
1. Approve minutes of March 19.
Peter moves the minutes be approved as presented. Bradley seconds. Shelly abstains
2. Review and fill in form for municipality’s buildings for use as an assessment tool:
· Town Hall
· Town Gym,
· Town Barn,
· W & S Administrative building,
· W & S Outflow building,
· W & S pump house at entrance to treatment plant,
· W & S Sewage lift station,
· Transfer station (2 buildings and the compactor)
· Clinton Rd Fire Station (and two car garage)
· North Branch Fire Station,
· Teen Center (?),
· Prosecutor’s Office (?).
3. Take a tour of the website of the NH Community Energy Project. Choose a webmaster.
The committee looked at the website on the Cool Monadnock site, discussed learning “wiki”, and the content that should be on the site. Sandy Snow volunteered to set up the site and suggestions for the material were discussed.
4. Compact fluorescent light bulbs – new collaboration between ACE Hardware and DES to recycle the used bulbs
After some discussion of the pros and cons of the bulbs, it was decided that Peter Moore would find out about selling the bulbs
5. Information on Greenerborough and tour of Peterborough’s and the state’s first green neighborhood
Ben and Diane told of their tour of a solar house and impressions of the Nubanusit Neighborhood
6. Next meeting and goals of groups
May 21, 2008
Shelly – Set up meeting with Francestown geo thermal expert
Peter – light bulbs
Ben – collect data
Bradley – Kenough and mission statement
Diane – Municipal vehicles list