Pursuant to RSA 675:3 and 675:7, Notice is hereby given that the Antrim Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday December 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM at Antrim Town Hall to present the following proposed changes to the Zoning Ordinance; and to amend a definition in the Subdivision & Site Plan Review Regulations:
1. To amend the definition of Home Occupation contained in Article III, Definitions, by adding the bold italic language:
HOME OCCUPATION: Any commercial activity carried on entirely within a dwelling or other structure accessory to the dwelling by the residents thereof and up to one non-resident employee and does not meet any of the criteria for a Home-Based Business listed in Article XIV Supplemental Regulations.
Explanation: The existing definition of Home Occupation does not include the allowance of a non-resident employee; however, both the criteria and parking requirements for Home Occupations include provisions for a non-resident employee. This amendment is intended to make the definition consistent with these regulating provisions.
2. To amend Article XIV, O. Home Occupations, by adding the following statement:
O. Home Occupations. (Amended March 11, 2008) Home Occupations are permitted in all districts subject to the following:
Explanation: This amendment is simply to make clear where Home Occupations are allowed.
3. To amend Article VIII – Lakefront Residential District, by removing Home Occupations and Home-Based Businesses from the list of permitted uses.
Explanation: Since these uses are addressed elsewhere in the ordinance, it is redundant to have them listed in this District.
4. To amend Article VIII – Lakefront Residential District, by inserting the minimum lot frontage of 200 feet.
Explanation: This amendment is to correct an omission that left the lot frontage out of the district requirements.
5. To amend the definition of “Minor Subdivision” contained in Subdivision and Site Plan Review Regulations as follows:
Minor Subdivision – A proposal that does not constitute the creation of more than two new lots or involve the construction of a road or other improvements, with no potential for further subdivision.
Explanation: The phrase “with no potential for further subdivision” is not consistent with state law.
Proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance will be ballot items to be voted on in March 2014. The Minor Subdivision amendment will be voted on by the Planning Board after the Public Hearing. Copies of the proposed text are available for review at Town Hall offices during business hours, Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM or on the Antrim website - www.antrimnh.org website.
Diane Chauncey, Secretary for the Antrim Planning Board