After consulting with our Health Officer and listening to State officials we have decided to close Antrim Town offices effective March 18 in order to protect Antrim Residents and Town employees from potential exposure to the Covid-19 virus.
The following measures are currently in place:
- Town Office is closed to the public until further notice. Staff will continue working and will respond to residents’ needs and questions as quickly as possible. Staff emails addresses and phone numbers are listed below. A complete list can be found on our town website. We will continue monitoring email and phone messages throughout this time. If it is necessary to see a staff member, please call the Town Office before you visit to ensure the correct person is available.
- The Library has implemented precautions which can be found on the Library’s page of the town website.
- All Recreation programs are cancelled until at least April 6th.
- All Department of Public Works facilities and the Fire Departments facilities are restricting public access. Please call the departments if you need their services.
- All recycling at the Transfer Station (excluding paper) is suspended until further notice. The trash compactor will be available for disposal of household waste. You may dispose of recyclables with your household waste. If you are able to retain your recyclables until the situation abates and recycle them later, it would be appreciated. Additionally, please use discretion discarding bulky waste and wait to discard items requiring a disposal fee, such as televisions or propane tanks, until the situation abates.
- The Police Station will be limiting face-to-face contact with the public. Citizens should avoid coming to the lobby to speak with an officer regarding non-emergency reports. These reports can be made by phone. Officers will continue to respond as normal to any and all emergency calls and calls for assistance.
We ask for your patience during this difficult time as we do our best to protect our residents and our staff. Please exercise care with your personal contacts and follow practices being recommended by health officials. Check our website for updates on this fluid situation.
Town Administrator - Donna Hanson - 603-588-6785 x 221 - email@example.com
Town Clerk/Tax Collector - Diane Chauncey - 603-588-6785 x 223 - firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION FROM THE ANTRIM TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR
RE: Town Clerk/ Tax Collector Shut Down
Renewing a Motor Vehicle Registration: Follow the directions on the renewal mailer. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. If it is a March renewal – ignore the “15th date” –renewals will be processed the same or next business day. Mail forms to Town Hall or place them in the drop box to the right of the Town Hall front door. If you have lost your renewal form – call the Town Clerk/Tax Collector office at the number above.
New or “New to you” vehicles: Please call to make an appointment. 20-day plates issued after March 1st have been extended to April 30th.
Vitals (Birth, death, marriage, etc.): The Request for Certified Copy of a Vital Record – form is on website – Use Find It Fast (upper right hand corner on www.antrimnh.org – Homepage) a certified copy costs $15.00. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope and copy of your driver’s license or take a picture with your phone and send to above email. To pay by credit card, send a license picture first, and then call with your credit card information. A 3% service fee will be added to credit card transactions plus $.50 for US Mail. Marriage Licenses – call the Town Clerk office.
Dog License: Call to verify rabies certificate and cost. Mail check and a self-addressed stamped envelope. To pay by credit card, call with your credit card information. A 3% service fee will be added to credit card transactions plus $.50 for US Mail.
Lien Notices: Notices were mailed March 16 and 17. Please call if you have questions.
I will do the best I can to provide timely services to you.