Tuttle Library December Meeting Minutes
December 10th, 2019
Members Present: Nancy Blair, Shelly Connolly, Steve Ullman, Margie Warner, and Rick Wood. Also present, Library Director Cindy Jewett
In Public Comments, Margie complimented Cindy on a fantastic job running the library.
Shelly moved to accept the Agenda and Rick seconded with amending for the Treasurer’s Report. The motion passed.
Rick moved and Shelly seconded acceptance of the November Minutes with a few grammatical corrections from Steve. The motion passed.
The Treasurer’s Report was accepted with the indication that an invoice was needed from Safe Shield.
Library Director’s Report:
- Circulation was way up for November.
- Christopher has been doing Dungeons and Dragons and Code Your Hero. He is very good at both and is making great progress. Trustees will send him a letter, letting him know how much he is appreciated.
- The library has applied for a Libraries Ready to Code mini-grant ( $300 will be received from Google after we teach 2 classes). It is an initiative to ensure that libraries embrace activities that promote computational thinking and computer science among our youth.
- The library also applied for a Yoga Foster Grant-there will be yoga happening with storytime.
- There is an AMAZON WISH LIST for Library donations on the Library website!!!! Please check it out!
- Much Professional Development going on with our librarians this month.
Shelly moved that the final draft of revised Policies and By-Laws be done by Cindy and brought to the board for final approval.
Library Director Evaluation will be done in January of February.
Employee evaluations are on-going and will be done soon.
Rick reviewed the Memo of Understanding with the Town concerning physical infrastructure responsibilities. More discussion is needed on this. Should there be a money figure attached to this document? Rick is refining and will bring back to the board for review.
Antrim Historical Society room usage will be looked at in 2020.
It was determined there was no need for conflict of interest forms.
Trustees are covered by the Town insurance. There is no need for separate indemnification insurance.
Motion to adjourn by Margie at 7:53, seconded by Rick. Motion passed.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 @ 6:30 PM